It is really sad when a relationship had to break up. It is usually the breaking point of a happy partnership, usually caused by some minor issues that can actually be solved. But it can also have been brought about by several minor issues that have been waiting to explode that usually hurt many people. But if the case is the first one, many broken relationship can actually be fixed if only you know what to say.
So to help you guys who is seeking to rekindle a past love, you should keep these simple tips in mind:
1. A simple sorry is not enough. A very simple, half-hearted apology is probably the biggest mistake any guy can do after he have broken up with a girlfriend. If you think those words along can fix your relationship, then you are sadly mistaken. Because if you want to get her back, you should also show it. Try to work for her forgiveness.
2. Listen to her. This is probably a tough task for many guys. But by lending your ears to your girlfriend and understanding every word she has to say is one of your ultimate passes to get her to forgive you. Not only will you know what you did wrong, it will also help you figure out what work you need to do. During this time, you can also let her know about your feelings by truly opening up. This is one way you can show her that you’ve already changed and you are willing to give your relationship one more chance.
3. Avoid negative language. This is not limited to just saying bad words to her. As much as possible, avoid the blame game if you really want to get back with your ex. Try to listen more instead of being vocal to avoid unneccessary problems. You should also avoid shouting or raising your voice as this doesn’t really help in your cause. Say things in a nice way at all times.
4. Never put her down. This is a common mistake most men commit when trying to rekindle an old flame. Always be civilized when talking with your ex-girlfriend. Avoid telling her that she is wrong and you are right, especially if things start getting out of hand. Never discuss past issues, especially petty ones, that may sound like you are attacking her as a person. Avoid negativity at all cost.
5. When telling her things, try being more sweet and gentle. Though it may sound lame, try learning some “Hallmark” statements to say to your ex-girlfriend. Most of the time, they work.
There are a lot of things you can do to get your ex-girlfriend back. And one of the steps you need to take is to be able to talk to her. Girls like to talk, so you need to listen. If you do this, you will be on your way back to happiness that you once felt with your true love.